HTWK Leipzig's central campus is based in one of Leipzig's most popular student neighbourhoods, the Südvorstadt district – alive with restaurants, cafés and clubs. From here, the historic inner city with its abundance of cultural and shopping opportunities is within easy reach. At the same time, despite its urban setting, the University is only a short distance away from a wonderful wooded park area along the Pleiße River that invites students to take a break from their studies.
The oldest building on campus is the Geutebrück Building, built between 1910 and 1913 for what was then the Royal Saxon School of Construction. Today, carefully restored and modernised, it serves as HTWK Leipzig's main building. In 2005, the university's central campus was complemented with the new Science Lab Building. The new University Library and Media Centre opened in 2009. Most recently, the former university library building was restored and now accommodates parts of the Faculty of Media. In fall 2014, the Faculty of Mechanical and Energy Engineering will move from its off-campus location to its newly built on-campus facilities.
While most of the University's facilities will then be housed on central campus, a few buildings, such as the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, are located in other parts of Leipzig. All of our campuses, however, are well served by public transport.