zum Inhalt springen

Proof of financial resources

Non-EU international students in Germany are required to provide a Finanzierungsnachweis (proof of financial resources) in order to obtain a visa and/or residence permit. In most cases, this document must be included with your visa application. Expected living expenses are estimated by the Aliens’ Registration Office based on BAföG, a German funding programme for living expenses. At present, you must prove you have at least about €8,000 per academic year at your disposal.

Proof of financial resources can be provided in various ways. The following forms are generally accepted:

  • Your parents submit documents certifying their income and financial assets.
  • A resident in Germany provides the Aliens’ Registration Office a guarantee to cover your expenses.
  • A security payment is deposited into a blocked account.
  • You receive a scholarship from a recognised scholarship provider.

Be sure to enquire at the German Embassy or Consulate in your country as to which form of financial proof is required.

Please note: Although international students are allowed to work in Germany under certain conditions, you should not expect to work to cover the cost of your education at HTWK Leipzig.

Letzte Änderung: 28.8.2012
Logo: Member of European University Association   Logo: Zertifikat seit 2010 audit familiengerechte hochschule   Logo: Mitglied des Best Practice-Clubs Familie in der Hochschule   Logo: Deutschland STIPENDIUM wir sind dabei   Logo: WELTOFFENE HOCHSCHULEN – GEGEN FREMDENFEINDLICHKEIT   Logo: Metropolregion Mitteldeutschland