HTWK Leipzig's central campus is based in one of Leipzig's most popular student neighbourhoods, the Südvorstadt district – alive with restaurants, cafés and clubs. From here, the historic inner city with its abundance of cultural and shopping opportunities is within easy reach. At the same time, despite its urban setting, the University is only a short distance away from a wonderful wooded park area along the Pleiße River that invites students to take a break from their studies.
The oldest building on campus is the Geutebrück Building, built between 1910 and 1913 for what was then the Royal Saxon School of Construction. Today, carefully restored and modernised, it serves as HTWK Leipzig's main building. The most recent additions are the new Science Lab Building, opened in 2005, and the University Library and Media Centre, completed in 2009.
While most of the University's facilities are housed on central campus, a few buildings – most notably by the Faculty of Mechanical and Energy Engineering, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, and the Faculty of Media – are located in other parts of Leipzig. All of our campuses, however, are well served by public transport.